There are a lot of bad bridesmaid dresses out there. But that doesn’t mean you have to choose them! Even though it’s become a part of wedding culture for bridesmaid dresses to be tacky in some way, we guarantee that your bridesmaids will be much happier in a dress they actually want to wear. Show your bridesmaids how much they mean to you by honoring them with a rewearable dress- not to mention your wedding and photos will look so much more beautiful with your bridesmaids in stylish dresses. Here are a few tips for choosing dresses they will want to wear again and again!
- Be Considerate of Everyone’s Body Shape – Certain dress styles just don’t look right on certain people, so try to keep that in mind. Even though a dress might fit your maid of honor beautifully, one or more of the other bridesmaids might have trouble with it. Try to stick with dress styles which are universally flattering, like classic A-cut dresses or wrap-style dresses.
- Select a Complementary Color – In all likelihood, there will be a wide variety of skin tones and hair colors in your bridal party, which limits your options to more neutral or stonewashed tones. Blush, lavender, greige, and sage are safe and elegant options, which means that they will be able to wear the dress to many other functions in the future, unlike a hot pink or electric blue dress.
- Be Flexible about the Exact Shade – However, you might have your heart set on pink as the bridesmaid dress color, even if it doesn’t flatter some of your bridesmaids. Consider letting your bridesmaids pick their own shade of pink that suits them best. The end result will be a fun color-palette-type look for your bridal party. Of course, you still have the final say if you really hate any of the dresses they’ve picked.
- Look at Popular Trends – The mismatched dress trend has been popular for a couple years now because it is so fun! Sometimes this means choosing the same dress in different colors, completely different dresses in the same shade, or even a variety of colors, dress types, and dress textures. This can be meticulous to pull off, but the end result is worth the hassle. Popular styles for 2018 include one-shoulder dresses, cap sleeves, and dresses with flowy tiers. All of the above can guide you to dresses they’ll find excuses to wear again.
- Keep Price in Mind – Since your bridesmaids will be buying their own dresses, try to be sensitive to the price if you decide to pick the dress for everybody. Some will likely have to buy plane tickets and possibly pay for a hotel as well, so try to keep the dresses at a reasonable price.
No matter what dress you choose, you want the venue to match its beauty. The Muttontown Club’s stunning green landscape with old oak trees make for the perfect wedding setting. Whether you want a natural outdoor ceremony, or an exquisite ballroom wedding, you can’t go wrong with The Muttontown Club as a venue. Our expert team of in-house caterers, event coordinators, and staff can help you achieve all your wedding dreams. If you want to come see our facilities for yourself, call us today at 516-922-7500 or send an email to email@example.com.